Charging your Motiv Ring
There are a few reasons why your Motiv Ring might not be charging. Let’s try to checking for one of these:
Ring isn’t connected to the charger—The Motiv Ring is held magnetically to the charger. It helps to slowly rotate and lightly press the ring on to the charger to see if its a loose contact.
Dirty charging contacts—Try cleaning them using warm water and soap, then drying with a soft cloth.
Faulty charging sources (USB port or plug)—Try a different USB port or UL-certified wall charger. We do not recommend using a USB hub.
Some pro tips for charging success:
- Try placing the ring on the charger first, then plugging in the USB port. If you do not see the LED come on, try lightly pressing the ring into the charger.
- Take the ring off the charger and then putting back on a few times.
- If you still do not see the LED come on, wait 20 seconds, and try again.
- If you still do not see the LED come on, try flipping the ring 180 degrees (like spinning a penny, not rotating like a wheel) so the opposite charging contact connects.
- If you still do not see the LED come on, try a different power source.
- If you still do not see the LED come on, try your other charger.
- Make sure you have no other external devices plugged into other USB ports on your computer.
- When charging a Motiv device using a wall outlet, it is recommend that a premium brand AC adapter is used. Some off-market adapters will prevent the ring from reaching a fully charged state.
If these steps do not help with your ring, just reach out to us in support.